The Big Event - NEC, Birmingham July 2018
Mon, 18 Jun 2018
This year The Big Event is taking place at an exciting new venue, the NEC, Birmingham on Friday 6th and Saturday 7th July 2018 between 9 am-4 pm. Come along to our flagship event to see the UK's largest display of vehicles for disabled people and discover everything you need to know about worry-free motoring with the Motability Scheme. It's free to attend this event and great day out for the whole family with free parking! Come and See Jo Watkins from Capitol Mobility on the Freerider Stand on Friday 6th, Jo will be able to give you lots of advice and information.
The Big Event brings together everything available on the Motability Scheme to make joining the Scheme as easy as possible. There will be:
· Over 100 cars from 27 different manufacturers
· Over 40 adapted vehicles and Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (WAVs) on display
· The opportunity to test drive adapted and non-adapted cars
· Over 45 scooters and powered wheelchairs
· Motability Scheme advisors available to chat to including: Motability Scheme advisors, Adaptation and WAV specialists, Disabled Motoring UK, Kwikfit, RAC and RSA Motability
· Free parking, free tea, coffee or soft drink
· A children’s play area including a bouncy castle and more...
The Big Event provides the unique opportunity to test drive a wide range of standard vehicles and vehicles fitted with popular driving adaptations both as a driver or passenger with a qualified driving instructor.
Test drives can only be booked on the day. To test drive, simply:
1. Visit the test drive booking desk at an event
2. Choose the car you would like to test drive
3. Show the photo card part of yourto the test drive team
4. Sign our test drive declaration form on the day.
Plus, new and exclusive at The Big Event, we are launching a WAV taster experience in a select number of passenger WAVs. The experience will allow people who have never travelled in a WAV and who are considering one for the very first time, to experience what it's like.
What's a passenger WAV taster experience?
The WAV taster experiences are available in either a small, medium or large WAV, depending on which is the most suitable vehicle to fit the size of your wheelchair and your lifestyle needs. Each passenger WAV taster experience takes place with a qualified driving instructor and lasts around 20 minutes. A specialist Motability Scheme representative will be on hand to assist with selecting the right vehicle for you and answering any questions you may have.
Taster experiences can only be booked on the day, simply:
1. Visit the WAV booking desk in the test drive area of The Big Event
2. The dedicated team will measure your wheelchair and ask a number of lifestyle questions to determine which WAV (small, medium or large) is most appropriate for you.
3. That’s it...you’re ready to try a WAV!
4. When it's your turn, a representative from our WAV suppliers will assist you into the WAV and restrain your wheelchair.
For more information click on the website link below:
The Big Event